Well, I’ve decided that I want to do a Guide to Blogging. The art is dying and part of it is due to how complex it feels to build a site. It’s easier to create an Instagram account or log on Facebook. While microblogging is great, I think there is a lot of value in old school blogging. Some of the topics that I’ll cover include:
- What blogging is (and isn’t)
- The different between blogging and microblogging
- Short history of the web-log
- Choosing a platform (WordPress, Blogspot, Squarespace)
- WordPress.COM vs WordPress.ORG
- What to write about
- Basic navigation for WordPress based sites
- How to customize and design your page
It’ll be a lot of fun, so look out for it in November!
I realized a little late that today is National Coming Out day! (my gay card is gonna be revoked). I want to share more about it tomorrow when I’m in a better mindset. I don’t think I’ve shared my full coming out story, so I’ll do that.
There are also a few posts I need to catch up on. A few of them include:
- finishing posting the 2010-2011 365 photography project
- road trip to the East Coast (and Germany)
- hiking Jones Gap, SC
- camping at Santee, SC
- visiting Raven Cliff Falls, SC
I have many more posts to catch up on but those are a couple. Each post is in a varying state of completion. Hopefully, by the end of BLOGtober, they’ll all be posted!
Anyways, happy National Coming Out day and day ten of BLOGtober!